Sunday 6 December 2015

The Whisper Valley-30/2

The Whisper Valley-30/2

Arnav looked a her seriously and asked her,” You really don’t know?”
“What do you mean? Do you by any chance think that I am lying?” Khushi asked him squaring her shoulders.
“You see… You…resemble Willow Feathers and I…” he paused and looked away when a big burly man came and thumped him on his back saying,” Hey Raizada! Howz it going man!”
“Raghu!” Arnav stood up and shook hands with him and exclaimed,” Wow! You …I heard that you were in Canada.”
“Was! But now here.” The man called Raghu said and then winked at Khushi and asked,”Who is this? Not introducing me?”
Arnav made a face and said, “ Not really!” as Khushi gasped in outrage.
“He is always scared of my charm you know?” Raghu exclaimed to Khushi who understood that they were just pulling each other’s leg.
“This is my wife Khushi… Khushi meet my High School buddy Raghu” Arnav performed the introductions and Raghu left after five minutes.
“So?” Khushi asked Arnav after a pause.
“So what?” Arnav asked her paying the bill.
“The legend…”she reminded him.
She was not going to stop at anything. She would rest only after unraveling the secrets of the Whispering Valley.
“Er… The legend…Khushi promise me you wont develop cold feet after knowing everything” he suddenly cupped her hand with his and asked.
“I won’t” she assured him…
“Ok the legend has it that the missing links in the transcripts would be filled by a recurrence of the same when …er… the time is right and that would bring the secrets of the Valley to the forefront.” Arnav said in one breath as if he was trying to push it out off his chest.
“What?” Khushi did not understand at all. What was the secret of the valley!
“That’s what everyone wants to know.” Arnav said clipped.
“No I feel you know that…” Khushi said sternly.
Arnav looked away and said, “Lets go…” getting up.
“No I want to know.” Khushi was adamant.
Arnav held her by her elbow and said, “I said lets go” walking her out of the restaurant into the lounge, when she sprang apart and said,” No! I want to know…”
Arnav gave her a tug which landed her into his arms when he hissed, “ You are already in trouble because you look like Willow! If I tell you the secret which I too know a little about, then you will be a sitting duck as your brain spins in the opposite direction!”
“How dare you!” Khushi said narrowing her eyes at him in anger.
“Yeah! I dare coz, despite everything, I married you to protect you.” He said and then went slack as he realized how that came out, when she flinched.
“Khushi listen” he tried to reason it out.
“No!” She stepped back. “I…am not a charity case.”
“No you are not…listen…” He said.
Khushi shook her head negating his pleas. “I…I don’t want you to do anything for me. Did you hear that? Anything at all” she said in spite.
Arnav went still and glared at her.
She turned and started walking towards the exit.
“Where do you think you are going? He asked her grabbing her elbow again.
“To the hospital. I want to take my mom and go home.” She said.
“Yeah! Good opinion. I shall ask Aman to arrange for your travel to the Valley.”
“I meant my home. In Mumbai.” Khushi said coldly.
“Your home now is Casa Willows.” Arnav said sternly.
“Says who?” Khushi said although she was stunned at his owning her up so early.
“Says me.”He decreed.
“Well I am not under your purview Your Excellency. So show this pompous smirk of yours to your nitwit subjects of the valley.” Khushi was now in rage.
Arnav grabbed her by her waist this time and taking advantage of the deserted lounge, kissed her stark on her mouth silencing her and said, “ Shut up and listen to me.”
Khushi wiped her lips with the back of her hand and hissed, “Don’t you…”
“What?” His gruff voice made her go mute as he stroked her cheek with the pad of his thumb and smiled sadly saying,” Believe me!In another set of circumstances I would have preferred to enjoy my new bride…but my life sucks.”
Khushi was taken aback by the sadness in his eyes that welled up suddenly. For a minute she thought she saw a very vulnerable side of him that he camouflaged under the guise of a hardcore businessman.
He suddenly hugged her tight saying, “Khushi trust me. It’s for your own safety that I am keeping certain things from you. Just wait for sometime till I clear this mess and then we can talk about it.”
Khushi savoured his warmth, which was now becoming familiar to her. She stood rigid without reciprocating, when Arnav raised his head and looked into her eyes and asked,” What cant you even hug me back?”
She looked into his eyes and found the to be regarding her warily. But they appeared to be honest. She sighed and gave in and throwing her arms round him sighed as she said,” Arnav! I dunno what’s in store. But I am sure…I will go mad with all these questions plaguing my mind with no answers anywhere.”
“You shall get all the answers. Just wait. And trust me.” He said nuzzling her neck and stepped back saying,” Want to go to the hospital with me?”
“Yes!” she said smiling and they soon were on their way to see Garima and Granny.
The Whisper Valley
“So its decided Aunty. You and Khushi shall go to the valley tonight, while I get Granny by tomorrow evening. Aman will fly with you and also help in the Annual Valley Fair and Ball prep.” Arnav said and earned a glare from Khushi.
“What?” He asked her.
“I don’t want you to be here…I want you to go with me…”she said hesitantly. He held her hand and said. You will be there by evening and I shall finish the formalities and be there by tomorrow evening.”
Khushi’s face fel,l and she got up and walked out of her mothers room.
“Excuse me aunty let me…” Arnav followd her and found her brooding in the corridor.
He stood before her and when she made to move, placed both his palms on either sides of her face on the wall and whispered, “Will you miss me?”
“What do we have between us to miss each other?” She asked…sadly.
He bent a little further so that his lips were almost touching her cheek and said, “ Cant you see what we have?”
“No!” Khushi chose to be dense.
“Liar!” He said smiling.
“Listen Arnav..I…”Khushi started…
“No you listen to me Khushi. This bloody entanglement is making us loose our sanity. I know. But…I intend to disentangle it soon. Then I promise you…you will never ever search for what’s in between you and me. I will see to it that you get it into the thick head of yours that we are meant to be together.”
Khushi just stared at him and gasped as he bent and touched his lips to the side of her neck and stepped back saying, take your mom and go to the Valley and wait for me and Granny…else I just am in a good mind to grab you and go to the guest house and …”he left it at that smiling ruefully.
Khushi just looked at him. He looked tierd and disturbed.
“What do you want me to do Arnav?” She asked him finally.
“Me?” He looked at her for a long time and said,” Just go and get ready for the Annual Ball. I shall get Granny and present you to the valley. Then you will get to know everything…till then…”he wagged his index finger at her when she tried to say something…and said,, “…till then just trust me and just wait and watch.”
Khushi sighed and said,” Ok. Then! Let Aman make the necessary arrangements.”
“That’s the way my dear.” Arnav beamed at her and started making arrangements for them to return to the valley.
The Whisper Valley
Khushi looked out into the valley from her balcony turret and fog slowly was enveloping the whisper rocks. She and Garima had returned and were received by Joel who said that Rose had gone for visiting her sister in Chennai, who had taken ill suddenly.
What was the curse on the legend and what was the secret of the valley? Khushi wondered. She could not read the transcripts as it was a hectic trip back from the hospital she must finish it before Arnav and granny returned she thought and turned to find Garima entering her room and saying,” Khushi I want to go to the Masaani Amman temple.”
“Huh?” Khushi was clueless.
“So much has happened and you even got married there. I just want to go and thank the goddess for saving Amma ( Devyani) and also for being a witness to your wedding.”She said.
“Ok. But its late now ma. Almost three. See? The fog is beginning to thicken. We shall go tomorrow morning.” Khushi said.
“Fine. I will ask Joel to make arrangements.” Garima said.
After she left, Khushi went down stairs to tell the cook Narayanan to make some light snack for them. She then walked towards the huge hallway, where she knew a fire would be lit soon. As she rounded the corridor, she passed by the room from which earlier she heard the voices on the night when she was locked out of the Casa. She looked at the room and it was locked. From the look of it, it looked as if it was locked for quite sometime. That’s what baffled her.
Joel walked up to her saying,” Its this way to the hall Ma’am.”
“I know Joel. Just that…er… What’s in here?” She asked him.
“Umm…some family stuff ma’am. Portraits and keepsakes etc…”was very evasive she thought. She understood but. She was his bosse’s wife but it’s been only a day since their marriage and he would not know how much to share with her .
She smiled and said,”Oh! Can I have a look at them?”
“Sure ma’am. The keys are with the Boss. You can, as soon as he comes here.” Joel said.
Khushi walked to the hall and asked,” What about this Annual Ball? What preparations are under way?”
Almost done ma’am. Would you like to go with me to see the hall, which is being decorated? Joe asked her.
“Why not! Let me get my coat….” Khushi ran upstairs to inform Garima and pick her coat.

15 comments:

Uzmatarin said...

It's getting mysterious n scary day by day so arnav knows some secrets n he said he will share it with her when the time comes I'm dying with curiosity so plz update soon n unrevel the past.

sweetygirl28 said...

The mystery continues.. wonderful update anu.. he wants to be with her so much <3 hope nothing happens to khushi

Unknown said...

hope nothing bad happens to khushi...
so much mystery....
continue soon...
n
thanks a lot for mail...

Unknown said...

Exciting.. What's in the room? Wonder what's next

Parramjit said...

Hope Khushi is fine till the time Arnav comes back to valley.. loved ARSHI cute fight and Arnav's way to make up to his dear wifey.. loved the amazing update.. :)

thanks for mail <3

manju naidu said...

arnav know some secrets which he dont want to share with khushi yet.what 's going to happen at annual ball?eagerly waiting to read next update.good work dear.

Lakshmi said...

Nice update. Whenever Khushi is alone in the WV, she has strange experiences. Hope she doesn't end in any problem. Eagerly looking forward to Arnav's arrival. Thanks Anu.

Lakshmi said...

Nice update. Whenever Khushi is alone in the WV, she has strange experiences. Hope she doesn't end in any problem. Eagerly looking forward to Arnav's arrival. Thanks Anu.

Unknown said...

really an awsone update after long waiting
and indeed worth waiting..
the story leading to be more mysterious and really scary....

Unknown said...

Wow.....great update di...!!!
I love mystery... But it is always unbearable to wait to know what happened next....!!!!
I hope khushi won't get into any trouble when arnav is not there to save her..!!!

Unknown said...

Wow.....great update di...!!!
I love mystery... But it is always unbearable to wait to know what happened next....!!!!
I hope khushi won't get into any trouble when arnav is not there to save her..!!!

jyothirockz said...

Is it fishy Rose is gone suddenly ? In her quest and curiosity, hope she will not land herself and Arnav in danger.

Unknown said...

hey anu,,,,,,
i really late this time...........
sorry .........
just read te ch,,,,,,,,,,
and it was awesome..........
really want to know what arnav is not telling khushi............
loved it

Unknown said...

amazing
wht is the curse
n the mystery of valley
n they r the past but present so they r the key

Unknown said...

Till now was able to relate to Willow & Arnab only, but thankfully now, Khushi & Arnav are working out as a couple. Its been some time & I am having access issues with DYM!!