Friday 23 October 2015

WV-29/1



29/1

Should she be asking him about her encounters with him in the Valley?
…Or should she wait for him to tell her why he became a masked man?
Should she just be a passive listener, and then clarify her doubts or should she be bold and take the first chance to seek answers for all the questions that nagged her? Khushi thought as she waited for Arnav.
She closed her eyes and the dark room and Arnav kissing her when he brought her back to safety-to the Casa, flashed in her mind’s eye, and then the kiss that they shared in the hospital where he forbade her to even spell out the fact that he was the person who shadowed her and protected her all the time.
He always saved her life. So going by it, it meant he wished well for her. So…she should wait for him to tell her all about the mysterious happenings at the Valley-why she was attacked and who was behind all the bizarre turn of events! She would wait and if he did not explain, then she would ask him. She made her decision and checked her watch again sipping on a mocktail that she had ordered for herself to save her of the embarrassment of sitting alone.
…And then she actually felt his presence, in the form of a pricking at the back of her neck. She turned and saw him walking through the entrance and straight to her smiling at her. She rose and he walked up to her and said “Hi! Just wanted to see you and winked at her making her to blush profusely. He looked tierd but cleanly shaven and radiant!
“All cleaned up to meet my bride” he said as he ordered a drink for himself, to the staff of the hotel, who greeted him by his name recognizing him-no doubt! Khushi thought.
“You look pretty!” He said his eyes roaming all over her!
“Thank you!” She said lowering her eyes.
“What would you like to eat?” he started ordering, and the next twenty minutes went by in ordering food and catching up on Devyani and Garima’s health, which was stable but critical.
Khushi was wound up by the time food arrived and waited for him to broach on the subject, but when she saw him hungrily gobbling up food, she couldn’t help but rest all her apprehensions temporarily. It had been quiet sometime before he had had a decent meal.
After they finished the main course he suddenly opened up on the topic saying,” Thanks for bearing with me. I…er.. was so hungry,…and…uhhhh….”
“Pleeeeeaase! No issues! No need to give me any explanations!” Khushi said. Infact she liked it when he was his natural self with her. That actually told her he considered her, his own. She said the same to him, and he stopped eating and looked at her keenly for a long time. Then he leaned forward and said,” You are mine! You know!”
It was a statement and not any assumption or question that made Khushi reel under the impact as she was mesmerized by the intensity of his chocolaty eyes that held her captive.
“But…” she was stalled from speaking further as he raised his hand and said,” I know! I know you have many questions. Some of them… believe me I don’t even have answers for myself! “This whole Whisper Valley is a maze, and you never know where you are going and what is happening. “ And at her expression of surprise said,” Honestly Khushi! Yes I came to your rescue several times!
She gasped at what he said and said,” I want to know everything in detail Arnav! Lets not have any secrets between us.”
“Ok! I will try to tell you what happened…” he started…
“I had a fight with Nani on the day of your arrival about …er…my wedding with you…which she wanted to solemnize, once Garima aunty agreed to, and you approve of me…” He paused and at her shocked expression said, “ She always wanted us to get married. So I understood, and she wanted me to receive you at the Casa and show you around so that we get to know each other! You know…kind of… “he smiled at her hinting at the obvious!
Khushi squirmed in her chair.
Nani ji and Amma! They were match-making while she thought her mother was going to convalesce! HA!
“And you? What did you think about it Arnav?” She asked him.
“Me? I hated the whole thing!” He said smiling at her impishly!
“I was not going to get married to some woman my gran was trying to fob me off with!” He laughed out loud noting Khushi’s expression that bordered on a mixture of rage and disdain!
“I am honest with my people” he said and added,”…brutually so! So make a habit of it Khushi!” He said to her.
Khushi glared at him and asked, “Then why did you get married to me?”
“Ok what will you have for dessert?” He asked her again smiling giving her a glimpse of how he would be if he were not the stern looking tycoon that the newspapers often portrayed him as!
Khushi was seething from in side but she did not want to spoil the evening for him so quickly. Further she did not wnt him to have an upper hand on her emotions by cracking up on his blow hot blow cold business tactics.She placed her order and then asked him the same question again…
He smiled again and said,” Fate! My dear! If its destined then none can stop it!”
Khushi was enraged! Just a few weeks back she read an article where he was quoted saying,” Weak people believe in fate and destiny! I believe in self as I write my own destiny!” She remembered it very clearly as Garima got the article to show it to her about how popular Chotey was! HA!!!
“Oh Yeah? The great Arnav.S.R saying that fate is powerful and destiny cannot be altered! That’s news! she said sarcastically!
“You read the article? Very good!” He said irritating her further.
At her snort he chuckled at her and said, “That was ASR the bachelor! This is ASR- the married version. In these few weeks I have gone through a life-changing tirade of events including our wedding darling” he said suddenly very quietly!
Khushi could see the sincerity in his words and waited for him to explain further.
“On that day when you were supposed to arrive, I had a big fight with granny and left the Casa around five defying her request that I be there to receive you at six. I drove through the forest but had a flat tire! And in my rage I did not check for any back up and so was stuck in the forest and finally called Joel. He was sent to receive you in my place, so Mrs. Sanders offered to send Aron with their pick up as Nani had cleverly sent the other two drivers early for cornering me to get you.”
Khushi listened to him in rapt attention…

Aron did not reach me as he had a miscommunication that I was on the left road, that which reaches Ooty while I was on the Ghat road which would take me to Coimbattore . So I walked and hitched a ride back where I saw a small short cut that would take me to the back side of Whisper Rocks although it was through the jungle. I am very familiar with the whole place and even if its foggy, I would find my way, I was sure. I started walking and found that someone was following me and it was very foggy! The Valley is a place where the crime is at its lowest. So I thought some local like me was walking through the fog and going back home. But when I was about to take the right turn that connected me to the trough behind Whisper Rock, I became curious as to who was it that followed me all along and stood back and saw you walking past me and take the left to the main road. You happened to turn back Khushi and I saw you silhouetted against the lamp post that was a little away and … he looked away and said very softly…will you believe it if I say…right then… I fell in love with you?"

13 comments:

Parramjit said...

Arnav Singh Raizada confessing his darling wifey that he have fallen in love with her on seeing her for very first time.. quite surprising.. hope you continue their this conversation.. want to know more about the things that were happening with Khushi in valley.. loved the update.. :)

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD............
arnav confessed finally and..............
that was arnav only in fog..............
but still everything is mystery......
........
it was like a dream ........
i just want to keep reading it,....
.....
and for that u have to update soon..............
plz update soon.....................
loved it so so soooooooo much

sweetygirl28 said...

Yay the confession from great asr is unbelievable. . Loved the update..plz continue their convo part..

jyothirockz said...

That was a really amazing update... I was waiting for those answers from such a long time, as much as I love the story of Willow Feathers and Arnav Simha, I was longing for Arnav and Khushi's story to proceed too. Cannot wait for Khushi's past. I love this Arnav, his straight forward approach, frankness, I am loving him more ...

Unknown said...

yeah confession time...
still lot to know about wv and historical connections..
indeed a maze lol

Unknown said...

Wow...Amazing update di....exactly the way it should be... Honest and easy arnav..oh i loved him...!!!
The update was just perfect.. Waiting to know their connection with Willow and arnav simha.....!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow...Amazing update di....exactly the way it should be... Honest and easy arnav..oh i loved him...!!!
The update was just perfect.. Waiting to know their connection with Willow and arnav simha.....!!!!

manju naidu said...

AWESOME UPDATE.FINALLY ARNAV AGREED HE WAS THE MASKED MAN.LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT HMMMM....GOOD WORK.EAGERLY WAITING FOR THE NEXT PART.

namendra shaz said...

Sorry Anu, I did not comment for the last few chapters. Too interesting to take a break other than getting to the next update. The marriages happening in both the legend as well as theirs....this unexpected persona of Arnav, followed by his open declaration! Khushi however doesn't seem to have the same feelings, so how will this go? Interesting!

Unknown said...

awww...love at first sight...
wasn't expecting an easy confession from arnav...
another amazing and enthralling update dear...
plzzzz continue sooon....

Unknown said...

amazing
so love at 1st sight
but y the masked man mystery
will she believe him
n who is after khushi

Sunandha said...

Wow... ASR's telling about his love to Khushi....

Unknown said...

Whoa!! That was a surprise .his confession .. Waiting to hear more. Update was mind blowing.